Who are the cyber criminals you should be aware of in 2020?
- Identity Thieves
- Internet Stalkers
- Phishing Scammers
- Cyber Terrorists
Who are the cyber criminals you should be aware of in this season – COVID-19?
How do Phishing Scammers steal your information?
Phishing scammers will send emails to you that look more like emails sent by your service providers.
What requests will an email from Phishing Scammers have?
- To give sensitive information such as your user name and password
- To click a malicious link
- To click a malicious attachment
Using the above options, Cyber Criminals can install malware or steal your sensitive information.
How to protect yourself form Phishing Scammers?
- Verify the sender’s email address.
- Check the link before you click. We would recommend NOT clicking a link you receive from an unknown resource.
- Think twice before you provide personal information. Cyber criminals may use COVID 19 type of emergencies to steal your personal information.
- Do not panic if you have already provided your information. Change is immediately, wherever possible.
Is there an Internet and Cybersecurity Software or Antivirus Software to stay away from Phishing Scammers?
Yes. I suggest Norton 360 Deluxe. Norton offers top-notch malware protection. Norton 360 Deluxe offers real-time threat protection and comes with excellent features like VPN, dark-web monitoring, password manager, and parental control. This antivirus software is great for beginners and advanced users, as well. You can not only use Norton 360 Deluxe for professional use but can use it for your home too. If you are looking for a blazing-fast internet security solution, Norton 360 Deluxe is for you.
- Great malware protection
- Parental controls
- Password manager
- Unlimited VPN service
- LifeLock identity-protection
- Webcam protection
- Unrestricted VPN